In this episode, you will discover…
- Phil’s backstory (later meet his dog Tuney).
- What inspired him to become debt free at such a young age and the mindset he cultivated to make it happen.
- The 5 -step guide Phil followed to get him to his goals of debt freedom
- How long it took him to pay off $30K and the income he was making while paying off this debt
- How he was able to able to purchase his first condo, with cash, shortly after paying off his student loans
- He is the founder and editor-in-chief of the Young Adult Survival Guide (YASG), where he inspires and teaches his millennial peers and high school students his strategies.
Click to Tweet
I learned of Phil Risher when I noticed his debt-free message on Instagram. We clearly had something in common. A brief online exchange occurred, then I asked for an offline phone conversation to learn more about his debt free story and how we could, possibly, collaborate. The phone conversation took place and my intuition about him was confirmed. And as you will see and hear from our Google chat, Phil is a unique and sharp young man.
YASG is an awesome personal finance resource for millennials to help them with sound money management. Phil is more than qualified to lead others in this area. Phil has paid off $30,000 in student loans, over 12 months and on a $48K per year salary. Then two years later, he purchased his first home with cold hard cash. Below he tells you how.
- The Young Adult Survival Guide
- Phil’s 5-Step Guide
- Phil’s Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
- Goodbye Broke Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
- Subscribe to the Goodbye Broke Chronicles to receive more inspirational and exclusive interviews like this one directly to your inbox (Disclaimer: I despise spam and bait-n-switch marketing. I promise, NO SPAM ever. Only inspiration and information you can take action on.)
- BONUS: Grab the Goodbye Broke Debt Payoff Calculator and challenge yourself to start your emergency fund today!
- Phil Risher Interviewed by Neuse Realty on Homeownership Agrees with David Bach
- Steps to purchase your first home the smart way under age 30
- Helpful Budgeting Guidelines and Funny Personal Story
- Rich Dad Poor Dad
- Real Estate Riches
- Think & Grow Rich
- Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover
If you found this interview inspirational and helpful, please leave a comment below and/or shout me and Phil out on our social media platforms listed in the links section above. Tell us your take away. Also, share it with your social network–especially anyone you know would resonate with Phil’s story.